Take a look at our FAQs below to find an answer to your query. If you can't find what you are looking for, you can contact us here.
Flagship CAPE programme details
What is the programme about?
The flagship CAPE programme is different to other management development programmes. We offer people management training that supports managers to feel equipped, enabled and empowered to make an immediate and lasting impact. You will benefit from learning how conversation styles, self-belief and authenticity matter and practice your skills with one of our many charity partners towards the end of your training.
Who is the programme for?
CAPE is for:
- People open to challenging themselves to be a better manager.
- People who want to learn more about themselves and how they show up impacts others.
- People who want to have better conversations with their teams.
- People who might not have had the opportunity to develop their own management style.
- People who want to enjoy managing others more.
Is the programme based on what managers need in real life?
Yes! The programme was developed after Lynsey and Naomi undertook extensive research looking at existing studies by Gallup, McKinsey, and other global research giants! We also launched our own research, which you can read here. We work from the principle that to manage people to thrive, the support needed is much more than can be taught in a classroom. We create communities where cohorts of individuals from across all sectors and industries can come together in a challenging but safe environment to learn about key leadership and management behaviours, develop self-awareness, work through challenges, share experiences and develop their own unique management style.
How long is the programme?
The programme is delivered over 12 months, with fortnightly online learning sessions in the first six months of the programme. More info can be found in our Programme Overview.
How much time do I need to commit?
The commitment needed is 10 hours per month for the initial 6 months and then 2-3 hours per month for the remaining 6 months.
How much does the programme cost?
£1,495 plus VAT per person.
How many people are on the programme?
On our flagship CAPE programme, where people from different organisations learn together, we admit 12-14 people maximum. We intentionally create groups of this size to ensure that you can access different perspectives and insights whilst feeling it is a space where you can discuss and explore your challenges comfortably.
Is the programme in person or online?
The flagship CAPE programme is delivered online. For in-house organisation programmes, there’s an option for face-to-face delivery.
What happens in the second part of the programme?
The opportunity to take part in a social impact project to offer coaching/mentoring to individuals who wouldn’t otherwise access it whilst using your new skills and self-belief back in your own workplace. Participants have access to three 1:1 coaching sessions with a professional coach during this time and various masterclasses on critical people management topics.
What resources do I receive?
- 12 months membership to an online community and access to a tailored resource library.
- 12 fortnightly live learning sessions over the first 6 month period.
- Bespoke self-directed learning. materials to complete between live sessions.
- Three 1:1 coaching sessions with a highly trained and experienced professional coach.
- A DISC® personality profile assessment and report.
- The opportunity to take part in a social impact project to offer coaching/mentoring to individuals who wouldn’t otherwise access it, and by doing so, continue to develop your self-belief.
Results of CAPE
What skills do people learn on the flagship CAPE programme?
The skills include:
- Coaching skills (the foundation of the whole programme).
- Self-awareness and harnessing strengths.
- Identifying purpose, values and personal brand.
- Emotional intelligence and psychological safety.
- Team dynamics and preferences.
- Effective communication, collaboration and influence.
- Change and personal effectiveness.
- Resilience and wellbeing.
- Managing performance and having courageous conversations.
What are the key learning outcomes from the flagship CAPE programme?
- Be able to use a coaching style with your colleagues and teams confidently.
- Have understood and developed your own authentic management style.
- Feel enabled, empowered and equipped to lead your teams and be a brilliant people manager.
- Be able to see how you can gain work fulfilment by recognising the value you add and the satisfaction that can be gained from being a brilliant people manager.
- Have consciously and proactively considered the challenges of being a people manager and have developed strategies to feel confident to address them.
- Have self-belief in bucketloads!
How do coaching skills help managers?
As people managers, we are our own worst enemy when it comes to having time to do our job! Our teams become over-dependent on us because we often believe the best way to help others is to fix their problems and give people the answer. And the result... we become overwhelmed, spend our time ‘fire-fighting’ and don’t have time to focus on the work we really need to. The solution is to empower people to help themselves more.
Change your conversations to be less ‘telling’ and more coaching! Coaching conversations are all about helping others to help themselves, freeing us up from having to help, fix and solve all the time. BUT…it’s not as simple as learning how to have a coaching conversation. Before you can do the ‘doing’ of coaching, you need to think about how you approach conversations with others. In essence, you need to consider your mindset or belief about your role as a people manager.
How is CAPE different to other management development programmes?
We are different to other management development programmes. We’ve coached people managers; we’ve interviewed many people managers in the development of our programme and, importantly, we were people managers too (and not the ‘slip into the role like a comfortable pair of shoes’ type, the ‘who am I kidding, I’m not sure what I’m doing' type!) We learned the hard way, and we bring all of this to CAPE. For us, CAPE is the management development programme that we wished was available to us.
- People management is all about having great conversations. CAPE gives people the courage and confidence to do this.
- Through a peer community, participants discuss real-life challenges and gain practical knowledge that can be applied immediately.
- Human skills are anything but soft. We focus on these in everything we do because we believe they are the foundation of being a brilliant people manager.
- Having an external perspective on people management best practice through learning with people from different organisations and sectors is essential.
How effective is the flagship CAPE programme?
Our clients tell us that they love working with CAPE as we really understand what their business needs. On our management programmes, the net promotor score is at the excellence level for the training industry. On Google we have received many 5* reviews. Most importantly, 100% of participants strongly agree that the Flagship CAPE programme has helped them develop their confidence and leadership skills.
Other CAPE opportunities
What other ways do CAPE work with managers and teams?
CAPE provides 1:1 coaching for leaders, managers and their teams. CAPE also supports organisations to design and deliver bespoke programmes and workshops on various topics to support individual and team development. View our other services here.
Do you work with companies to provide training?
Yes, we have worked with multiple companies to help numerous employees develop and grow. Register your interest here to find out more.